Bank Marketing: Using Videos in Ads
Advertisers use videos in social media ads to engage and attract viewers, and to communicate their message in a compelling and memorable way. It makes sense. Videos are a powerful marketing tool because they can capture attention quickly and convey a lot of information in a short period of time. They are also highly shareable, which can help to increase brand awareness and reach.
WAYS TO USE VIDEOS IN SOCIAL MEDIA ADS
There are many ways that advertisers can use videos in social media ads. See which of these fit your marketing mix best:
- Promotional videos: These are short videos that showcase a product or service and explain its features and benefits.
- Explainer videos: These videos use animation or other visual elements to explain a concept or process in an easy-to-understand way. A free but time consuming option for these is Canva.
- Testimonial videos: These videos feature customers or clients sharing their experiences with a product or service, which can help to build trust and credibility. They are HIGH impact because it’s always better to have your customer say nice things about you than to do it yourself. But they can be expensive to produce nicely. Sure, selfie videos can work, but be mindful it reflects the quality of your organization.
- How-to videos: These videos provide step-by-step instructions on how to do something, such as using a product or completing a task. We make these all the time. They can help reduce calls to customer service, and increase adoption by reducing fear of the unknown. For a banker, they can hard to create well, so they’re best left to a professional.
- Live videos: Many social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram, allow advertisers to stream live video in real-time. Honestly, though, we at ClickVue think the impact of these is overblown. We get that video is hard to do, and this is a quick and easy way of getting video– ANY video– on your feed. But the rules and conventions of being live are different on the web than they are in person. For example, if you are boring for one minute during a brick and mortar meeting, people won’t leave. But online, you’re a click away from being cut. These live video usually start with endless vamping so the audience can build, but it’s dreadfully dull to watch. Just our two cents.
- Video ads: These are short, pre-produced videos that play automatically when a user scrolls through their feed. People won’t click away if the information is useful to them– not just pushing a product. Our ClickVue library is brimming with videos that are ready to be used this way.
Overall, the key to using videos effectively in social media ads is to create content that is interesting, informative, and relevant to your target audience. We can help you do that, every day.